Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Everyday Foods that Can Kill Someone

A lot of foods in our daily diet are actually poisonous and can be dangerous for our life. Being alert about what you eat is really important as sometimes, even a seemingly regular food can turn fatal. Here are some foods that can actually kill someone.
fruits that can kill you

  • Cashew: A poisonous chemical named urushiol present in raw cashew, can lead to death of a person. The ones that are available in the market are not in their raw form as they are steamed before being packed for consumption.
  • Almonds: Just like cashew nuts, almonds are also considered to be extremely poisonous if not treated before consumption. The most flavoursome almonds bitter almonds have the strongest scent and are the most popular. But the demerit is : they are full of cyanide. So before consumption, bitter almonds must be processed to remove the poison.
  • Potatoes: Potatoes are the most common vegetable but its plant is really very poisonous. Everything except the bulbs, that we consume, is extremely harmful. If you consume the leaves of the potato plant in excess quantities it can prove to be fatal.
  • Mushrooms: Toadstools are poisonous mushroom that must not be eaten. Mushrooms that are found in the wild are the harmful ones and can cause grave damage to the body. However, you must take note of the fact that not all mushrooms are poisonous. Mushrooms of unknown origin should be considered dangerous to eat.
  • Rhubarb: Rhubarb is a plant with edible and flavoursome stems which are used as a part of a number of desserts. However the leaves of this plant contain an acid which is very harmful in nature.Being observant about the quality and nature of food you consume is particularly imperative. Having complete knowledge and information about unusual foods is another important point to be taken care of.Rhubarb is a very underrated plant – it produces some of the nicest tasting puddings and is incredibly easy to grow at home. Rhubarb is something of a wonder plant – in addition to an unknown poison in its leaves, they also contain a corrosive acid. If you mix the leaves with water and soda, it becomes even more potent. The stems are edible (and incredibly tasty) and the roots have been used for over 5,000 years as a laxitive and poop-softener.
  • Cherries: The tiny little red fruit is enjoyed by most people and used in a number of ways. However, the seed of the cherry is poisonous in nature. It releases hydrogen cyanide in your body. You might feel uneasy, dizzy or even vomit. Extreme reactions include convulsions, kidney failure and heart related problems.When the seeds of cherries are crushed, chewed, or even slightly injured, they produce prussic acid (hydrogen cyanide). Next time you are eating cherries, remember not to suck on or chew the pip.
  • Apple seeds: The fruit that actually keeps the doctor away has poisonous seeds that contain cyanide. However, the level of cyanide is low and does not cause extreme reactions. But health experts do not recommend eating apple seeds.Like the previous two items, apple seeds also contain cyanide – but obviously in much smaller doses. Apple seeds are very often eaten accidentally but you would need to chew and consume a fairly high number to get sick. There are not enough seeds in one apple to kill, but it is absolutely possible to eat enough to die. I recommend avoiding apple eating competitions! Incidentally, if you want to eat an apple and find a worm in it (and hopefully not half a worm), you can drop it in a bowl of salt water which will kill the worm.


  • 9 comments:

    1. As you investigate and wander onto a gluten free eating regimen you might possibly observe that all your disturbing indications are leaving. Side effects you had trusted wiping out gluten would understand. don pepe restaurant jamesburg nj

      ReplyDelete